Every year drowning is one of the major causes of
accidents, resulting in serious injury
and death in children. Swimming pool accidents can happen very quickly without
warning. So learning and practicing the following swimming pool safety
* Never allow children to swim alone without adult
supervision even if children have
had swimming lessons. And when children are swimming, be observant and
supervise all activities.
* Completely enclose your pool with removable pool safety
fences that are at least
4 feet high. Install self-closing and self-latching gates. And be sure to
out of the reach of young children.
* Position tables and chairs far away from the pool safety
fence to prevent children
from climbing into the pool area.
* To avoid having to leave children unattended when
receiving a telephone call, keep
a telephone in the pool area. And keep emergency numbers near the poolside
* At get-togethers designate someone as the pool watch
guard. Adults can rotate
* Make sure that all children above the age of 4 attend a
certified swimming class. If
this isn't possible, instruct them in basic flotation and life saving
* Start setting pool rules and talking about pool safety
when children are very young.
Good pool rules include no pushing and no running around the pool. Teach older
children the buddy system rule: Don't go near the water by yourself.
* Do not leave the pool open. And to prevent children from
getting to the pool, keep
all doors and windows leading to the pool area secure.
* Install an alarm on doors that lead to the pool area.
* Make sure that the cover of the swimming pool is
completely lifted over the pool.
Never keep the cover partially open because children may become entrapped under
it. Also, make sure children do not walk over the pool cover.
* Always have a life saving flotation device handy near the
* Keep rescue equipment by the pool.
* Learn CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation).
* When not in use, remove steps or ladder to above ground
* Keep electrical appliances away from the pool.
Following all of these safety rules will help minimize the
chances of injuries and
drowning occurring in your swimming pool.
Important Disclaimer: In no event shall the owners of this website be liable for any
damages whatsoever resulting from any action arising in connection with
use of this information or its publication, including any action for
infringement of copyright or defamation. The decision to use, or not to
use, any information is the sole responsibility of the reader. Opinions
expressed here are those of individual contributors. This web site does
not verify or endorse the claims of contributing writers.
Prices - Call for Details
Fences of North County
State License #814323
Diego County and North County
and the cities of Hemet, Perris, Temecula and Murrieta
Cities & communities in San Diego County and Riverside County include Aviara, Bonsall, Camp
Pendleton, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, Carlsbad, Del Mar, Encinitas, Escondido,
Fallbrook, Fairbanks Ranch, Hemet, La Costa, La Jolla, Lake San Marcos,
Lakeside, Leucadia, Murrieta,
Oceanside, Olivenhain, Miramar, Perris, Poway, Ramona, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho San Diego, Rancho
Santa Fe, San Clemente, San Diego, San Marcos, Temecula, Valley Center, and Vista.